What We Buy
We get questions all the time about what we will take in trade. The short answer is anything we think we can sell.
Of course there are only a handful of item types that we take in at anything close to a standard rate. The purpose of this document is to give you an idea of some of our standard trade in items. Anything not listed is something you will have to speak to a manager about trading in. And just because it’s listed below doesn’t guarantee that we will take it in trade but most likely we will.
- Magic the Gathering rares -we generally give between 25-75% of current value. Basically the more popular a card is the more we give for it.
- Yugioh rare cards -we generally give between 25-75% of current value. Basically the more popular a card is the more we give for it.
- Sealed Booster Boxes and Booster Packs -Trade in price depends on the set as well as what our current stock level of that product is. Generally speaking we pay 60% of retail.
- Trade Paperbacks & Graphic Novels -we give 10-25% of retail value depending on condition and popularity
- RPG Books -we give 10-25% of retail value depending on condition and game system
- Miniature Game Rule Books -we give 10-25% of retail value depending on condition and game system
- Miniature Game Models (unopened) -we give 50% of retail price
- Miniature Game Models (open but complete) -we give 10-40% of retail price depending on the condition of the models and what stage of assembly & painting they are in.
- Board Games -we give 10-25% of current value depending on condition.
- POP Figures -we give between 35-50% of PPG value depending on box condition and rarity. More common figures will get a lower price than chase or vaulted figures. The more it’s worth the higher the percentage we will pay.
Now this isn’t a complete list. If it’s an item we sell in the store or have carried in the past there’s a good chance we will take in trade. And if it’s something we don’t want in trade currently there’s always our excellent Ebay service. So next time you are looking at your collection and need to make some space or just want to get that shiny new item at Atlantis and are short on cash just grab some of that old stuff lying around your house and trade it in.